Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Deep Thoughts by Abby!

I have been reading the book, Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. What a challenging and encouraging book! Anyway, today I was reading about when things get hard. It can be easy to shy away from difficult things in life and wonder why things always have to be so hard! Can you relate? It seems like recently I have been challenged to have a different outlook when things look hard or in fact they truly are difficult. Here is what Joyce Meyer says, "Things get hard when we are trying to do them independently without leaning on and relying on God's grace. If everything in life were easy, we would not even need the power of the Holy Spirit to help us. The Bible refers to Him as "the Helper." He is in us and with us all the time to help us, to enable us to do what we cannot do--and, to do with ease what would be hard without Him" (p.200). I thought this was so good to remember! I do notice that when things get to comfy I don't call on God quite as often or just forget to! That's not good! Joyce also suggests to spend more time with God when things get hard, but don't shy away from hard things or back down. Easier said that done sometimes! But beware of your thoughts and check if they are negative regarding the situation. If you have negative thoughts, the situation is only going to seem that much harder. We need to have positive thoughts and learn to lean on Him and ask for the strength that He so willingly gives us! Check your thought process sometime, the little voice in your head can take you places you don't need to go. Negative thoughts=negative attitude=a no fun downward spiral. Christ was positive so we can/need to be too!
Now, about those hard triathlon workouts...haha. I do find I need to draw on Him to infuse me with positive thoughts and a positive mentality to workout through some of the tough parts of the season and training chunks. I need that constant reminder that it is through His power that I am able to train and endure the challenges that come with the busy lifestyle of a triathlete! I always have to relate it back to triathlon...huh! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment