Friday, July 5, 2013

Race Prep Update

Since I am healthy, I find I am in a new spot this season! An exciting spot! Ross and I quickly reflected after our morning swim and pointed out what a blessing it was to be getting ready for Lifetime Minneapolis (www.lifetimetri.com) and not having to figure out if I was going to be able to complete the run or not. Last year I was battling another injury and had to take the race one step at a time and determine on the spot if I was going to be okay to run. Not fun. But at this time last year, I just wanted to race so badly. It has been a learning curve with juggling training in between races that are pretty close together, but a good learning curve. :) Lifetime Minneapolis is one of my favorite races-it was where I qualified for my pro card in 2010! Anyway, I can't say enough about the course. I know I have posted about it before, but the bike course is pretty fun as it has a lot of turns to keep things interesting! The two loop run course makes it fun for spectators as they can see you multiple times. This helps me too-who doesn't like cheering?! :) The Minneapolis area really reminds Ross and I of East Grand Rapids--so a familiar feel for us. The race staff is also very supportive and excited to be putting on a race. I know athletes are well taken care of at Lifetime races! I will be posting updates as I continue my prep for the upcoming race! Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment